Nouveau arrive

postez ici quelques histoires sur votre guitare, faites nous découvrir votre instrument!

Modérateurs : Benoit de Bretagne, carlos, chloé

Santi Djangomanouche

Nouveau arrive

Message par Santi Djangomanouche »

Hi Everybody,
My name is Santi, and I'm from Madrid (Spain). Excusez-moi, Je ne savais pas français, but I'm more than interested in guitar construction. Specially manouche guitars. I knew of Benoit from Acoustic guitare mag, and I was always looking forward to read his articles.
I have a very close friendship with JWC guitars' Jeongwoo and with spanish luthier Geronimo Mateos. And I'm constantly learning from them.

Amitie!
nano

Message par nano »

Hi Santi,
Welcome on this forum which is located in the North of France. Be careful with our outside temperature. But you d'nt be afraid, inside this forum the temperature is high and even sometimes very high because the passion around the guitar.
Birdie

Message par Birdie »

Hi Santi and welcome.

We recently had a discussion about JWC guitars and Jeangwoo Cho, here :

http://www.benoit-de-bretagne.com/phpBB ... 36&start=0

and we were suprised with the prices they sell their guitars. The lutherie quality vs price ratio seems to be very high.

An other subject of surprise is that nobody in France knows these guitars ??

Is there some in Spain, did you have the opportunity to play one of them ?

:wink:
Sauvez un arbre, mangez un castor....
Santi Djangomanouche

On JWC guitars

Hi Birdie,

Well, I didn't know JWC guitars were completely unknown in France. As far as I know, they're the choice of Raphael Fays (nylon flamenco model), Samson Schmitt and Lollo Meier amongst others.

I can talk a lot about them, and only good things! My comments and opinions are sincere, but first of al, and to be honest, I have to say that I'm selling these guitars in Spain because of my friendship with Jeong Woo and Tony Walker, partners in JWC. It's not my intention to make business here, but to learn and contribute.

I bought a JWC Favino Replica, as my first manouche luthier guitar, and I'm more than happy with it. It was played in Samois by world first players and everybody was impressed.
Santi Djangomanouche

On JWC Guitars (2)

And this is the history....

Tony Walker is an incredible manouche aficionado that owns more than 5 true Selmers, and he created a company to produce gypsy guitars and accesories in china a la "Gitane" or "D'ell arte" fashion. That was not succesful as quality was so poor.
Jeong Woo Cho is a classical guitar master luthier, that at that time was interested in building a Selmer replica. He asked Tony for some spare pieces, an then all begun-
They found a small attelier at Wales, and started to build based in Tony's own Selmer specs. This is a small production, only hand built, but with an excellent quality in my opinion.
Santi Djangomanouche

nano a écrit :Hi Santi,
Welcome on this forum which is located in the North of France. Be careful with our outside temperature. But you d'nt be afraid, inside this forum the temperature is high and even sometimes very high because the passion around the guitar.
Hi Nano, thanks for your warm wellcome! I'm living in Madrid, but 60 kms outside, in the mountains. -10º is not uncommon during winter. But I have to admitt, that we have plenty of sun, even during the coldest winter days.
Répondre